Monday, February 2, 2009

Sweet Fruit

Breakfast this morning was the usual fruit. I usually just cut and eat each fruit one at a time, but I prettied it up just for your viewing pleasure. Today's selection included a Red Delicious apple, banana, strawberries, blueberries, and cherries.Then I was still hungry so I poured a bowl of Smart Bran with almond milk and leftover blueberries.The cherries were from Berkeley Bowl, so sweet... and juicy...After breakfast I bussed over to Berkeley Bowl to pick up some mangoes, papayas, and Gnu Bars. I walked back home and had 30 minutes before class, so I had a Cinnamon Raisin Gnu Bar for lunch:It was very, very good! Like a healthier oatmeal cookie. These Gnu Bars have 12 grams of fiber, which is a lot. The label does in fact say 'Flavor & Fiber!' My only gripe is that it is made with flour, since I try to avoid processed grains as much as possible. But the taste is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment