Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Homemade Lasagna


Yello. I rediscovered this blog today and it is mine! I noticed I apologize a lot for not posting often and today's follows suit. I just finished my dietetic internship a couple weeks ago, so I guess I'll use that as my excuse for the last year.

This is a lasagna I made with my little sister and brother during the holidays.
I always thought lasagna was too complicated to make at home, but it wasn't that bad.
Its much easier when you have a hand with layering the ingredients. We just used the recipe on the side of the lasagna noodle box. :P

While this one wasn't vegan, you could easily sub in Daiya Mozzarella Shreds and mashed white beans for the mozzarella and ricotta cheese. We used marinara sauce, sauteed onion-mushroom-garlic, and frozen spinach in our layers, too. I would top it with nutritional yeast in place of parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment