Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cafe Gratitude LA

So I took my mom and brother to Cafe Gratitude in LA this past Saturday.
Okay, I kind of coerced them into going with me. I had been to the Cafe Gratitude in Berkeley during my Cal days, but didn't dig it, but the LA one looked so nice and hip that I wanted to try the food.

Before we get to the food, guess who we had lunch with. Natalie Portman!
Okay not with, but right next to at the communal table. She had her baby in a chest carrying sling thing and was with her man, husband? Not sure. They sat right next to us!
My mom and brother noticed as soon as they sat next to me (which is why I couldn't really see), but I didn't know until we got our check. Its funny because I kept looking at the maple-miso glazed brussels sprouts she was eating and thinking, ooh, that looks good. She is the most delicate, petite person you ever saw.

Anyway, enough with my starstruck self, here's what we had:
Flax Crackers with Guacamole

Veggie Burger with Side Salad

BLT Sandwich with Side Salad

Massaged Kale Salad
(so delicious, creamy dressing!)

This is how my brother felt about his veggie burger. Poor little dude got veggied out. He did like the strawberry shake though. It was really good and real-tasting!

I ordered the cacao fig shake, which was pretty awesome, too, but I think the strawberry one was better, more fresh. The little bro didn't finish his so I ended up finishing both shakes. I got so full, but I wasn't about to let an almost $9 shake go to waste. I'm so bad...
All of Cafe Gratitude's plates say:
I was grateful for my mom and brother for coming to Cafe Gratitude with me.
My brother said he was grateful that we don't have to eat here every week.
Haha... -_- I would if I could!

What are you grateful for?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wow, that food looks so good. I'm living in Busan (S.K) and the vegan food here is sub-par. We rarely find a truly vegan restaurant and the food is seldom as hearty and colourful. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      I know how you feel, I felt the same way when I used to visit Korea. Are there any vegan restaurants there?

      It's the same way in Bakersfield, CA for me right now, too!

      Delete